- Charity Work
- #MCIVERSDOLA Family Trip
- Roam the World with Rose
- iZombie Cookbook Season 1
- iZombie Cookbook Season 2
In addition to supporting various associations, Rose McIver takes advantage of her notoriety to publicize some causes but also participate in them.
- 2010 - All Good Bananas (NZ)
- 2014 - NOH8 CAMPAIGN
- 2014 - Ice Bucket Challenge
- 2016 - Child Fund NZ
- 2017 - #BeKindToElephants Campaign
2010 - All Good Bananas (NZ)
In 2010, to pay her bills, among several acting jobs, Rose McIver was doing some babysitting and worked part-time importing bananas with Fair Trade. She worked with 'All Good Bananas' but also did a promotional campaign for them (video below).
The message ((“Know who I am? I’m that inner voice. I want to talk to you about something, something really important – Fair Trade. Choosing them means you’re helping growers feed their families and support their communities. They get paid a fair price. So now you know which ones to choose, make a good choice”) voiced by Kiwi actress Rose McIver is intended to prick customers' consciences and get them to consider the fair trade product.
From allgoodorganics.co.nz: All Good Fairtrade bananas are grown on small family farms with organic fertiliser, clean soil & fresh water. Fairtrade ensures farmers and their families get a fair deal. You get healthy, great tasting bananas.Rather than be forced to accept charity, Fairtrade gives farmers like Pedro Chamaidan and Graciella Apolo (pictured) and their workers the security of a stable price for their produce, the freedom to invest this in their own communities and the independence to make decisions for their own futures. With our support and encouragement the environment and health of grower communities is continually improving. What many people don’t know is that Fairtrade farmers also need to meet rigourous environmental standards, for the health of the land and the people too. Fairtrade prohibits the use of a long list of hazardous agrochemicals* including those in the Pesticide Action Network’s dreaded ‘Dirty Dozen’ list. Combine this with the use of organic fertiliser, and El Guabo’s farms are kept healthy and sustainable. Our bananas contain all the natural nutrients for you to enjoy. Bananas contain vitamin B6 and tryptophan, a type of protein that your body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier. Packed full of sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, bananas are an ideal snack for an immediate and slightly prolonged source of energy. Which is why sports enthusiasts love them because the potassium-power delivers such a high-energy hit.
2014 - NOH8 CAMPAIGNIn 2014, Rose McIver took part on the 'NOH8 Campaign'.
On November 4, 2008 Proposition 8 passed in California, amending the state Constitution to ban same-sex marriage. The defeat provoked a groundswell of initiative within the GLBT community at a grassroots level, with many new political and protest organizations being formed in response.The NOH8 Campaign is a photographic silent protest created by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska and partner Jeff Parshley in direct response to the passage of Proposition 8. Photos feature subjects with duct tape over their mouths, symbolizing their voices being silenced by Prop 8 and similar legislation around the world, with "NOH8" painted on one cheek in protest.
2014 - Ice Bucket ChallengeStill in 2014, Rose McIver did the 'Ice Bucket Challenge'.
The Ice Bucket Challenge, sometimes called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on someone's head to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, known mostly in the US as Lou Gehrig's Disease) and encourage donations to research. It went viral on social media during July–August 2014.
2016 - Child Fund NZ
In 2016, Rose McIver shared the video below via her Instagram account to supports 'Child Fund' who helps children break free from poverty.
Education and great teachers play such an important role in children's lives. @childfund_nz are raising awareness and funds to expand a critical education program in war torn and tsunami battered Sri Lanka. The end goal is thousands of children who are better equipped to break free from poverty
2017 - #BeKindToElephants Campaign
November 2017, Rose McIver shared the phoyo below via her Instagram account to support #BeKindToElephants campaign.
Following the President's decision to allow hunters to bring "trophy" elephants into the U.S., Ellen Degeneres stood up for the majestic creatures and called on viewers to help her raise awareness for her cause using #BeKindtoElephants on social media. For everyone who reposts or retweets her photo, she'll make a donation to The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
Rose McIver's brother (Paul), his wife (Philippa) and their two children have joined the United States to discover Los Angeles. This is the first time for them, as they live in New Zealand (Rose's birthplace). Rose have decided to guide them and help them discover the US Pacific coast! Be sure to keep this post very close, we will update it as soon as we have more photos/infos!
- April 18-19: They finally arrived in Los Angeles! We have the first photos of their trip.
- April 20: Today they visited 'Venice Beach' (a famous neighborhood in Los Angeles)
- April 21: Great day today, they went to 'Disneyland' (Anaheim) for the pleasure of children and adults. Rose was there with her family. Rahul Kohli and Malcolm Goodwin (Rose colleagues from 'iZombie') were also there the same day independently.
- April 21: In the evening, Rose and her stepsister (Philippa) traveled to the event 'Juliette Hogan SS16 showcase'. More informations about this event are available HERE.
- April 22: On the evening of April 22, Rose and his brother went to the 'Magic Castle' in Los Angeles (an organization who promotes the art of magic, encourages fellowship and maintains the highest ethical standards. They provide a friendly, inspiring environment (dinner, clubhouse) where members and their guests can enjoy the art and each other’s company.)
- April 23: Today, they made a walk in Hollywood.
- April 25: Rose's parents, Annie and John have arrived in Los Angeles too.
- April 26: Today, they went all to the 'Natural History Museum' of Los Angeles (the mission of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is to inspire wonder, discovery and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds.) Today was also the birthday of John, Rose's father. After a walk under the sun, they went all to two different restaurants to celebrate his birthday. Several friends of the family who previously lived in New Zealand and are now settled in Los Angeles as Rose, were there, such as: Becca Lane, David Farrier, Georgie Craw and some of Rose's best friends: Elvy Yost, Kenny Jamez, George Byrne.
- April 28: Today is the last day for Rose's brother, her wife and childres in Los Angeles. They are flying back to New Zealand today.
- April 29: Today, Rose, her mom and her dad went to the 'Los Angeles County Museum of Art' (this museum holds more than 150000 works spanning the history of art from ancient times to the present.)
Rose McIver has teamed up with Emirates Airline for a new partnership 'Roam the World with Rose'. Rose unveiled this great opportunity on, August 22.
'Roam the World with Rose' will feature weekly posts on her Instagram account about the places she visited while in Europe the last few months, that Emirates flies to.
Roam the World with Rose
I was in PARIS! Emirates flies to 39 European destinations and I took a trip down memory lane, letting pigeons land on me out the front of the beautiful Notre-Dame Cathedral. The last time I did this I was just 9 years old!
I was in Prague. Flying into Paris and out of Prague on Emirates was a breeze thanks to their flexibility.
Thanks for all your guesses! I was in Rome! This city is best experienced on foot where you can bask in all its beauty and visit places like the Trevi Fountain and watch the locals zip around on Vespas.
I was in Barcelona! Here I am out front of Casa Battlo, designed by beloved architect, Antoni Gaudi. Thanks for playing.
Rose McIver Source is pleased to present you exclusively the first unofficial guide about Liv's recipes (Rose McIver) in 'iZombie'. Through this first guide dedicated to the first season of the show (other guides about Liv's season 2 & 3 will be published soon) you will be able to find various recipes inspired by the dishes she prepares, and all this guaranteed without brain (lol)!
A year after the publication of 'iZombie Cookbook' dedicated to 'iZombie' Season 1, I'm very excited to share a new recipe book of Liv's dishes for Season 2!. The first book was quite successful and was even supported by Rose McIver who received a copy during a fan meeting in France. Through this second cookbook, find meal ideas inspired by Liv's recipes, through appetizers, meals, soups or even sweet pleasures. (Season 3 Cookbook is currently under production!)